Community
ArtCAM Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ArtCAM Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ArtCAM topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New here - a few quetions

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
464 Views, 3 Replies

New here - a few quetions

Hi everyone,
I'm brand new to the forum here:

I have a few questions actually and I debated putting them in seperate posts - but wasn't sure what the accepted manner is in this forum.

1. I'm not completely sure that the ROI would be there for what I would like to do. At the moment, I'm looking at making a few portrait (face) 3d relief carvings. My original intent for joining this forum was - since I don't own the software - to hopefully find someone that would be willing to create them for me. Of course, I would compensate you for your time and efforts...nothing is free, or should be expected to be!

2. Can someone tell me the quick-and-dirty difference between the Standard and Premium versions?

3. I don't see the post processor available for my CNC, is this something that the folks at ArtCam can/would create for me? Or...does someone already have this post-processor? (Oliver Intellicarve)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mikeis
in reply to: Anonymous

Where in the world are you? I like face to face, I like to read your face while you are trying to employee me, give me your pulse, let me tell you the cost, how long it will take to do your work, I ask questions, this is so there would be no miscommunication. I would think others would like this approach, sometimes the way our world is going is disturbing, no friendships just $$$$ so fork it over baby.

All I have done work for are close to friends, I like this.

mike 

Message 3 of 4
leighton.ashcroft

Hi @Anonymous,

Welcome to the Autodesk Community and the new ArtCAM Forum!

@tdaymont wrote:

3. I don't see the post processor available for my CNC, is this something that the folks at ArtCam can/would create for me? Or...does someone already have this post-processor? (Oliver Intellicarve)

I can help you out with your post processor query. The Oliver IntelliCarve is supported by ArtCAM. When saving your toolpath from ArtCAM, try selecting the General iCarver (*.dat) option in the Save Toolpaths dialog’s Machine file format list box. The output file can be loaded directly to the Oliver IntelliCarve.

Alternatively, try selecting the iCarver mm (*.nc) or iCarver inch (*.nc) option in the Save Toolpaths dialog’s Machine file format list box. After saving your toolpath, start the iPicture software supplied with your Oliver IntelliCarve and open your toolpath file (*.nc) saved from ArtCAM. iPicture enables you to convert the code within the file so that it is compatible with your Oliver IntelliCarve.

Kind regards,

Leighton Ashcroft
Message 4 of 4
dillon.moulder

Hi @Anonymous,

Welcome to the Autodesk Community and the new ArtCAM Forum from me too! Smiley Happy

@tdaymont wrote:

1. I'm not completely sure that the ROI would be there for what I would like to do. At the moment, I'm looking at making a few portrait (face) 3d relief carvings. My original intent for joining this forum was - since I don't own the software - to hopefully find someone that would be willing to create them for me. Of course, I would compensate you for your time and efforts...nothing is free, or should be expected to be!

You would require ArtCAM Standard 2017 or ArtCAM Premium 2017 to create any kind of reliefs. If you're specifically interested in creating reliefs from side-profile pictures of human faces, then the Face Wizard included in ArtCAM Premium 2017 should be suitable to your requirements.

@tdaymont wrote:

2. Can someone tell me the quick-and-dirty difference between the Standard and Premium versions?

I expect that a product comparison page will be added to the ArtCAM website shortly, so please continue to check there. Thanks in advance for your time and patience. 

Kind regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report