AREA Website Support Forum
This section is for questions on the use of the AREA website or reporting website issues. This area is not for Autodesk software support issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

whats wrong with the new forum and my account?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
FelixDames
677 Views, 3 Replies

whats wrong with the new forum and my account?

I always had the screenname: "Vlix" with my Area account the username was "FelixDames". But after the change to the new single login with AutodeskID my screenname changed to my AutodeskID which is also "FelixDames".

Also I'm missing like other users some of my older post from the past! My accound only list 4 posts from the past.

I did linked/jointed my Area account "Vlix" with my AutodeskID account as explained in the anouncement. I did logged in with my new single account before the change was made as explained in the anouncement to avoid any troubles like deleted post etc...

Now comes the strange part of it: If I log in at Area with my AutodeskID "FelixDames" I first get a welcome message on Area saying "Welcome back Vlix" if I click on Profile right next to my username "Vlix" I'm in the profile settings of the old Area profile. Under "Screen Name" I read the name "Vlix" but when I click on subscription I get forwarded into the new Autodesk Profile "My Settings" my username suddenly changes to my AutodeskID "FelixDames".

If I use the new forum my screenname is my AutodeskID "FelixDames" which is missleading when people responded to some post with @Vlix!

I cant' log in with my old Area "Vlix" account username: "FelixDames". Only with my new AutodeskID single login. So I guess the two accounts linked/jointed correctly!?

I really tried to understand whats going on but it seems it's a total mess!

Any clarification and help is much appreciated! Thanks!

www.felixdames.de
www.music.felixdames.de
Physical RAM: 16GB / Virtual RAM: 16GB
GPU: NVidia QUADRO FX 2700M 512MB Driver: 332.50
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
nicolasleduc
in reply to: FelixDames

Now that we have migrated to a new forum platform you screenname will be your Autodesk ID on the forums, rather than your AREA screenname. But you can change that if you want and name your account Vlix (it is available on the forums). Once you are in the forums, click on the 'Edit account information' link, than then on the 'Change' link beside 'User ID' and relpace FelixDames with Vlix, you will then appear has Vlix in the forums

Also your legacy posts should all appear under your account history now. Because of the large amount of post we migrated to the new platform (years of posts!) it is still indexing some of them. When I go to your forum profile page (http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/forums/recentpostspage/post-type/message/user-id/1292441) I see a long list of posts, they seem to be all there now. 

Message 3 of 4
FelixDames
in reply to: nicolasleduc

Thank you Nicolas,

I have seen all the legacy posts from the past which appear now!

One question remains:

If I change my username (AutodeskID) from FelixDames to Vlix will this change also affect my login for Autodesk Subscription cause the username is the AutodeskID and the new single login?

If so I think I will go on from now with FelixDames...

Thanks again for you help

www.felixdames.de
www.music.felixdames.de
Physical RAM: 16GB / Virtual RAM: 16GB
GPU: NVidia QUADRO FX 2700M 512MB Driver: 332.50
Message 4 of 4
nicolasleduc
in reply to: FelixDames

I double checked with the team in charge of the single sing-on, and yes, if you update it here in the forums, it will affect all Autodesk systems using it, and that includes subscription. The only thing that is different is that on AREA, if you post a comment on a blog or upload an image to the image gallery, you will still appear under your area screenname. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report