AREA Website Support Forum
This section is for questions on the use of the AREA website or reporting website issues. This area is not for Autodesk software support issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

please delete my autodesk account.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
monjanse
671 Views, 5 Replies

please delete my autodesk account.

can you delete my autodesk account?
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Steve_Curley
in reply to: monjanse

May I ask why? If you were to have your AutodeskID (I assume that's the one you mean?) deleted you would be unable to login here unless you created a new one and linked your Area account to it.
You can unlink them from your profile (here) but you will still need an AutodeskID in order to log in. You could do that without needing the existing AutodeskID deleted.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 3 of 6
sj352
in reply to: Steve_Curley

Could I please ask you to remove my autodesk account completely, including all the forums I entered. Thank you. 

Message 4 of 6
Steve_Curley
in reply to: sj352

Nope - I'm only a moderator - I don't have that kind of power. I will notify the Forum Admin of your request - that's the best I can do.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 5 of 6
Discussion_Admin
in reply to: sj352

Hi Sj352,

I wanted to follow up about your request. As of right now, the platform our forums live on doesn't offer an option to completely delete user accounts. The main reason for this is that if an account were to be fully deleted, all the conversations that user had participated in would be impacted and most likely not in a positive way (valuable points and contributions from that user would be deleted as well, etc.).

While we can't delete your accounts entirely, if you really want to leave for good, we can ban your account. It's an action we'd prefer not to take since you've done nothing wrong and we'd like to have you continue on as a valuable member of this community.

If you've thought about it and decided you would indeed like your account banned, though, please post a confirmation on this thread or send me a private message saying so. Once your account is banned you will not be able to log into this community with the username or email address you're currently using.

We are looking into alternative solutions for these requests and will let you know when we've landed on a solid process that works for everyone.

Thank you, and we hope you choose to stay!

**Please note, if you do not directly respond with a confirmation, we will not ban your account.**

Message 6 of 6

Also, can you confirm the scope of what you want deleted:

• your forum account
  • Your AREA account including your forum account
  • Your Autodesk ID (which includes AREA and forums, and possibly access to other Autodesk web properties)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums