AREA Website Support Forum
This section is for questions on the use of the AREA website or reporting website issues. This area is not for Autodesk software support issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing post history

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
MadViolinist
361 Views, 13 Replies

Missing post history

Hi,

I logged in yesterday and made a post. Now my post count is 1. It seems my post count history is gone, is there any way to revive it?

Thanks,

Doug

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Steve_Curley
in reply to: MadViolinist

Your old account still exists http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/1293149

Looks like user IDs are case sensitive - Madviolinist != MadViolinist 😉

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 3 of 14
MadViolinist
in reply to: Steve_Curley

I've been logging in as MadViolinist though, and when I log in my name is displayed as Madviolinist. I was looking through my settings to see if I could change it, but I can't. I'll try clearing cookies or something.
Message 4 of 14
MadViolinist

It doesn't seem to work. With the login, it is the Autodesk ID window and it is written as MadViolinist. I put the password in and I am logged in as "Madviolinist" and my old profile is not associated with this username.
Message 5 of 14
Steve_Curley

You've got 2 AutodeskIDs and are linking to the wrong one. Not sure if you can change this yourself or if Nicolas (the Forum Admin) will have to look into it for you.

Try coming here directly without logging into the Area first - login as MadViolinist. If that works, and is the correct ID (the one with the post history) then log into the Area, go to your Profile > Account Linking and unlink the existing (Madviolinist) ID (which will log you out), log in again and you'll get prompted for the linked account (put in the proper one).

Or you could wait for Nicolas to respond in case I'm wrong 😉 I'd hate to make things worse rather than better.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)

Message 6 of 14
MadViolinist

At the Area I am logged in as MadViolinist. In my profile there, there is a button called "Account Linking" and it says "Your AREA account MadViolinist is currently linked to Autodesk Account Madviolinist". Based on that I would have thought that this "Madviolinist" username would be using my old profile information. I'm a bit afraid to unlink this new "Madviolinist" account in case I break something. 🙂 Alright I'll try.
Message 7 of 14
MadViolinist

I unlinked it, logged in again and relinked to the "proper" account (at all times typing MadViolinist) and logging in here it displays as Madviolinist. Oh well, at least I can come here and post.
Message 8 of 14
Steve_Curley

Final thought - try clearing your browser cache and cookies. That was the last thing I had to do before it all started working. I'm sure Nicolas will see this and reply when he has chance - he's a busy guy as you can imagine.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)

Message 9 of 14
MadViolinist

I tried the cookies thing, in fact I tried using chrome which I've never used for the forum or the Area, so it was a clean login. When I log in to the forums as MadViolinist, my username is displayed as Madviolinist. In my profile at the Area it says the two accounts are linked, but this forum account is not pulling the old history over. I'll wait to see what Nicolas can find out if/when he has time.

Thanks for all your help, Steve. 🙂

Message 10 of 14
Steve_Curley

It's definitely something to do with the linking - if it was correct you'd be showing as MadViolinist here too (the account does still exists with all your old posts - 300+ of them going back to Feb 2010).

What happens if you login here without going to the area first - do you (can you) get the correct account?

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)

Message 11 of 14
MadViolinist

I did what you suggested and I can't get the correct account. I am not logged in at the Area at all, and was logged out here in the forums too. I signed in here as MadViolinist and after logging in my name displays as Madviolinist. This is the result of logging in here without going to the area first.

I'll soon have 300+ posts with this new account trying to sort this out. 🙂
Message 12 of 14
MadViolinist

In "Edit Account Information" I was able to change my username to MadViolinist. Post history is still not linked to this username though. I tried unlinking and relinking, but there's no change to the post count.

Message 13 of 14
nicolasleduc

I have fixed this. Next time you login, you should see your whole post history (except the posts you did this week, I cannot merge accounts, but at least all your previous posts are now attached the the account you login with)

Message 14 of 14
MadViolinist
in reply to: nicolasleduc

Thank you very much, Nicolas! 🙂
3ds Max 2014, Windows 8 pro 64bit.
NVidia GeForce GTX670
i7 3770K 3.5Ghz , 16Gb CORSAIR Vengeance RAM, other stuff...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report