AREA Website Support Forum
This section is for questions on the use of the AREA website or reporting website issues. This area is not for Autodesk software support issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MatchMover Forum?

35 REPLIES 35
Message 1 of 36
samab
860 Views, 35 Replies

MatchMover Forum?

Is there any chance of one being added to The Area? There are probably a few new users (me for one) since it has been put on the subscription site. No-one seems to know where to post questions about it.
click
Click
35 REPLIES 35
Message 21 of 36
am1234
in reply to: samab

Hi,
Does anyone know about exporting FBX file from MM to Maya Composite (Toxik)? I saved a file as FBX on MM and I can't importing it into Maya Composite. I overcome this problem by saving MM file as Maya and then export FBX file from Maya to Composite.
AM
Message 22 of 36
samab
in reply to: am1234

I never had any luck exporting FBX from MM. I have to use .ms (MaxScript) to get it into Max. Never tried getting it to Composite.
Message 23 of 36
samab

Nobody told me there was a MM forum hidden away in the Maya section (I never look in there being a Max user).
Looks as if it appeared in December 2009, just a few months after I started this thread.
Message 24 of 36
SuperCoon

Wow! That's cool Samab. Why is it tucked away in here? Can we not get it to be made more readily available for everyone? I'm sure Steve will have the answer. 🙂
Message 25 of 36
Steve_Curley
in reply to: SuperCoon

I never venture into the Maya forums - if I'd noticed it I would have let y'all know...

Not sure what I can do about it - I don't have the authority to create forums and such, only annoy other posters by editing their posts and locking threads 😉

I also don't understand why it's lumped in with maya - I will ask around and see what I can find out - about as much as I can do, I'm afraid.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 26 of 36
samab

Can we not get it to be made more readily available for everyone?

I'm assuming that it is a forum for general use of MM, not specifically those using it with Maya, so I think anyone using MM can post there, correct me if I'm wrong.
The concern is that with it's placement it may go unnoticed by many non-Maya users with questions about MM, and more importantly experienced MM users with answers. It does seem like one of the quieter forums.
I only spotted it by chance when I saw an MM question in the Latest Posts on the Forum Home page.
At least those who subscribed to this thread should now be aware of it, though it looks like many more voted for it than have posted here.
Message 27 of 36
Steve_Curley

IMO there should be either an MM forum within each major product (Max, Maya, XSI) or it should be considered a "major" product in its own right with its own top-level forum. Expecting users to look in an otherwise unrelated area of the site is not the best of ideas.

I have emailed the appropriate person, no reply as yet. If I don't get one by the end of the week I'll email someone else - poke the hornets nest, so to speak.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)

Message 28 of 36
SuperCoon

I think a MM forum would be better suited as a top level forum, but I only say that because at this point I would feel lucky to get one; truly, a software specific MM forum would be nice; however, it just seems like it would probably be too much trouble for the powers that be to create. On the other hand, a top level forum for MM does not sound that bad because there would be a lot more individual input that may, or may not help a specific situation - just a thought. Either way, thanks for passing this on Steve.
Message 29 of 36
samab

I think a general MM forum would be best, since it's the same program we are all using regardles of the 3D app the result is exported to and it will involve a wider community of users to share knowledge. IMO that would be better than a number of separate MM forums for users of different 3D apps. Some users may be using it to create tracking for software other than Max, Maya or XSI, like compositing programs or other non Autodesk packages.
Message 30 of 36
Steve_Curley

I would tend to agree - it's a product in its own right so it deserves its own forum. I wouldn't argue if that forum contained Max/Maya/Xsi/Other sub-forums though. as dumping everything into a single "General Discussion" sub-forum might get a bit messy.
Either way around, it would be nice if the issue were addressed.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)

Message 31 of 36
Jimmy

I too would love to see a MM forum. What's the point putting MM in the subscription whit no support? Don't get it?

/Jimmy
Message 32 of 36
Anonymous
in reply to: JSeaver

I do not know why they are showing no interest in this software. Where as this is one of the best software in its department.
Message 33 of 36
samab

Message 34 of 36
SuperCoon

Thanks for passing this along Samab; it is appreciated.
Message 35 of 36
ragingbollox

150 people after a dedicated area - please someone from AD do something about this !
The software just seems completely abandoned, although it gets used and has some nifty features.

Also does anyone know if the scripts it can read are done in max script ?

I want to get a script to skip 5/10 frames ahead at the hit of a short cut.
Message 36 of 36
Jimmy
in reply to: ragingbollox

Yes, that is depressing. I really like MM and it have to tons of great stuff that Autodesk could do to make MM a relevant tool for Max/Maya/Softimage and the rest of their software. I don't understand why they just don't care?

/Jimmy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report