AREA Website Support Forum
This section is for questions on the use of the AREA website or reporting website issues. This area is not for Autodesk software support issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot change profile

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Leendert68
383 Views, 7 Replies

Cannot change profile

For the first time since the new login system was set in place, I today tried to change my profile. This resulted in the error, that my mail address is already in use. I've been using the same mail address since the beginning and its the same one the Autodesk ID login knows about. What's happening here and how can I fix it?
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Steve_Curley
in reply to: Leendert68

Strange - my email's the same here as on the Autodesk ID account. I changed my profile just a few days ago (not the email address) without any problem.

As I understand it, the email address actually used is the one on the ID account, not the one in the Area profile, though I'd have to check to be certain. Have you got a spare email address you could use (for the Area profile) to prevent that specific problem from occurring?

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 3 of 8
Leendert68

No, if I try to change the mail address to an alternative mail address,
it automatically switches back to the original and tells me again, it's "already in use"...
Message 4 of 8
Steve_Curley

Oh 😞

I'll bring this to the attention of the Area Administrator for you.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 5 of 8
nicolasleduc

Steve did ping me 🙂 and I had a look into this. The issue is fixed now, you should be ok. Let me know if you still have issues
Message 6 of 8
Leendert68

Now it does indeed work!
Thank you both for looking into it (and fixing it, obviously).
Message 7 of 8
rydarling
in reply to: Steve_Curley

I just tried to make some changes on my profile. I'm having all the same issues mentioned here. Starting with this Email notice:

"The Email Address is already in use by someone else. Please enter another Email Address."

PLUS, I can't find any support link to submit a ticket.

Please help!

R y a n D a r l i n g
www.RyanDarling3D.com
Digital Sculpting / Animation

Message 8 of 8
nicolasleduc
in reply to: rydarling

I did find 2 accounts with the same email address. I removed the duplicate, you should be able to change your profile now

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report