AREA Website Support Forum
This section is for questions on the use of the AREA website or reporting website issues. This area is not for Autodesk software support issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account split into two

24 REPLIES 24
Message 1 of 25
duuback
539 Views, 24 Replies

Account split into two

Thanks to the terrible overhaul on the forums, my account is no longer logging in with the account that I've been posting with for the past 5 yrs. Can any admin help me get the two linked or transferred together?

24 REPLIES 24
Message 2 of 25
nicolasleduc
in reply to: duuback

I will send you a private message to sort this out

Message 3 of 25
krueger_1
in reply to: nicolasleduc

Thanks for trying to help me out, but I've got two problems:

1: I received email notifications, but when I login I don't see any PMs. I don't know if that's something I have to fix on my end..

2: When I try to change my user ID back to what it was, it says the user ID is already taken. Is there any way to free that up?

3ds Max 2009 SP1, 2010 SP1
Maya 2012
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Dual Intel Xeon E5520, 6 GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 OC
Message 4 of 25
cg_oglu_2
in reply to: krueger_1

test 123

Message 5 of 25
cg_oglu_2
in reply to: cg_oglu_2

same here... my oglu account is gone...

Message 6 of 25
Steve_Curley

There seems to be 2 "cg_oglu" accounts (with a couple of posts each) and your original account "oglu_1" with 2891 posts.

There's also an "oglu" account which, from glancing at the posts, is not you. Nicolas will need to do some backend wizardry to sort that out, if it's possible.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 7 of 25
cg_oglu_2
in reply to: Steve_Curley

interesting...

oglu is my account on the main area site...

if i go there it says welcome oglu...

Message 8 of 25
Steve_Curley

Ahh, but they're separate. Your "screen name" on the Area is not (necessarily) the same as your AutodeskID. I've had "Steve_Curley" on the area for ages, but on here I've been "Steve_Curley_1" for the past few days, something entirely different since the changeover. All sorted now (for me) I think.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)

Message 9 of 25
nicolasleduc

This should be fixed. Next time you login, you will appear as cg_oglu_1 or cg_oglu_2, but you will have your post history attached to that account. 

Message 10 of 25
nicolasleduc

Krueger_1, regarding PMs, you don't see any PMs, or you don't see the older ones (the ones prior to the migration?). legacy PMs where not migrated to the new system, but they are still available on AREA: http://area.autodesk.com/myprofile

Regarding your ID, there is another user who already has that ID, so we can't give you back that ID. 

Message 11 of 25

thanks... looks like im back...

----------------------------------------------------------------
https://linktr.ee/cg_oglu
Message 12 of 25
krueger_1

If I click on private messages, then click to go to the new platform, it says you have no private messages. I can see my legacy messages though.

Maya 2012
Message 13 of 25
Steve_Curley

It was not possible to migrate private messages from the old system therefore what you're seeing is expected. Any new messages should appear here but not on the old system.

I've sent you a PM just to make sure it's all working as expected 😉

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)

Message 14 of 25
krueger_1

I got the PM you sent Steve, but didn't get the one Nicolas sent (even though I received the email for it). I guess it was a one time glitch or it was sorted out since. And seeing as there's a link that specifically says "Private Messages" that sticks out, it's kind of confusing that that is the old messages and not the new messages.

Maya 2012
Message 15 of 25
Steve_Curley

Glad you got it 🙂

If you didn't get the one from Nicolas, just send him one directly as if it were a reply. Mention that you didn't get his PM as well.

Yes, slightly confusing. Might be better called "Legacy Private Messages" or something. I'll mention it to him (if he doesn't see this first).

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)

Message 16 of 25
nicolasleduc

Saw that 🙂 it's a good idea, I will update the link as 'Legacy Private Messages'. 

Message 17 of 25
Steve_Curley

I'll just put the poking stick back in the cupboard then 😉

Thanks btw.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)

Message 18 of 25
Leendert68

I've got similar woes: my original Area alias was "Hirazi Blue", which it still is when I comment on blogs here, but in the forum section my alias has changed to "Leendert68". I would like very much for you to change this back to "Hirazi Blue" again, without changing my Autodesk ID in the process.

Thanks in advance...

Message 19 of 25
Steve_Curley
in reply to: Leendert68

I'd wait for Nicolas to reply as well, but I don't think that's possible.

On the Area there was a login (an AutodeskID) and a "Display Name". Here the displayed name IS the AutodeskID, so to have "Hirazi Blue" displayed here the only way is to change the AutodeskID.

To do that click "Edit Account Information" at the top of the page (here, NOT on the Area itself) and that will allow you to change the ID.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)

Message 20 of 25
nicolasleduc
in reply to: Leendert68

I double checked: if you change your User ID as Steve explained in his reply to you, it will change how you appear in the forums, but your Autodesk ID will remain as is. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report