AREA Website Support Forum
This section is for questions on the use of the AREA website or reporting website issues. This area is not for Autodesk software support issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds Max 2008 trial version needed

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
273 Views, 2 Replies

3ds Max 2008 trial version needed

Recently I downloaded the trial version of 3ds max 2009 because that is all that is offered by autodesk now. Something happened during the installation and the trial liscense did not activate and it skipped directly to the product Activation screen. I called Autocad and they said there is nothing they can do. I find this hard to believe since they can obviously retrieve a list of product keys from a database (including keys for trial versions) .Their suggestion is to download a copy of 2008 and install it in place of the 2009. My concern is will having previously installed 2009 prevent me from installing 2008.I have paid for a course on how to use the software and do not have time to refomat the hard drive. I also can't find a 2008 trial anymore without paying for it.

does anyone know where I can download a trial version of 3ds max 2008
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Steve_Curley
in reply to: Anonymous

It's a trial - of the full unrestricted product. If you want it unlocked you'll have to buy it. If you're a 3D student you should qualify for an Educational license (much cheaper than the commercial one). Try talking to a reseller.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks for your input. The activation page gives me the option of purchasing a new product key, but there are only three weeks left before I graduate and 3d animation will not be the area I look for employment. I have to take the class as a requirement. Not to use it as an excuse, but I am paralysed on my left side and have no means of employment. Therefore, purchasing anything I don't have to (even at a student discount is all but impossible). Not that Autodesk cares. The Autodesk Business Center told me it is not possible to liscense a trial and told me to call the tech support who asked why I was calling them and told me I should be calling the Autodesk Business Center. After telling the tech support person that I had already spoken with the Autodesk Business Center they told me to ask here in the forum for a 2008 trial version.

Thanks in advance

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report