Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to the new AREA

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
hendris
344 Views, 2 Replies

Welcome to the new AREA

After a great deal of work and a lot of patience on your part the new AREA is now live. As you might expect we will be working out the kinks and bugs that you only find when things are live over the next couple weeks. Please report any bugs to the Area support forum.

This version is a complete overhaul of the original AREA. just a few of the improvements are listed bellow.

- brand new core that is multiple browser and platform friendly. this is for you Netscape and Opera users.

-brand new industry standard discussion forums. Yes emoticons, signature lines, images and polling now works. If you look at the bottom you will even see options for colour scheme. All of the old messages from the previous version of area will be available to read shortly as an archive in the original forum software.

-entirely new submission system for everything from tutorials to materials to plugins and scripts. A tutorial can be put together by anyone now with no HTML knowledge. We still get rights of approval of course :lol:

-brand new network system that we hope to continue to build on based on your feedback

- New InHouse section which highlights material created by Autodesk such as demo reels and artist or company profiles

-New Jobs section for those of you looking for artists or artist looking for jobs.

over the next few weeks we will also have a boatload of new tutorials appearing so stay tuned for those.

As I said, this is just the beginning or the foundation if you will. From here we improve and add more features refining the AREA based on you feedback.

Enjoy,

Shawn Hendriks
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: hendris

Hi There!

Just one question. How do you post a new discussion?? It just dose'nt seem obvious to me. I may be stupid but it's driving me mad - there must be a 'post new discussion' button somewhere! Any direction on this subject will be gratefully recieved :-)

Regards
Mr. Dim
Message 3 of 3
atti
in reply to: hendris

Hi There!

Just one question. How do you post a new discussion?? It just dose'nt seem obvious to me. I may be stupid but it's driving me mad - there must be a 'post new discussion' button somewhere! Any direction on this subject will be gratefully recieved :-)

Regards
Mr. Dim

You can't start a new discussion while you are reading an existing thread, but when you are in a main posting category, you have a New Topic button. That's the magic button for new discussions. Hope it helps

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report