Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create array with id bRepFaces and save it in model fusion 360

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
VitautTryputsin
339 Views, 3 Replies

Create array with id bRepFaces and save it in model fusion 360

Hello. I need create array with ID bRepFaces and save it in model fusion 360. It is need to call this array later, and to get ID's if even
Fusion 360 will be reopened. What kinds of way to realize it? Can I add attributes to bRepFaces?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ekinsb
in reply to: VitautTryputsin

Entities don't have a persistent ID, so there's nothing to save.  The only exception to that are things that have a name, like features and joints, but they can be renamed by the user so the name isn't completely reliable.  However, with the update that's going out today, Fusion now supports attributes.  Attributes let you add information to any entity, include B-Rep entities.  With this you can add an attribute to any face you want to find later so it should let you accomplish what you're trying to do.  There's a section in the updated help that will also go out later today about attributes. I've already uploaded the chm version that you can access here: https://autodesk.box.com/s/qlfca7dnmozhcvytc2ljh0nktnh23yk2

Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Mod the Machine blog
Message 3 of 4
MattWynn
in reply to: ekinsb

looking forward to trying attributes

Matt Wynn
Senior Manager, Software Development, Fusion Fabrication
Message 4 of 4

Thank you for a detailed explanation

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report