Softimage Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Softimage Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Softimage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quadruped Character Guide/Rig

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
thursday420
683 Views, 1 Reply

Quadruped Character Guide/Rig

I'm trying to rig a horse I made in zbrush using the quadruped guide and rig, however, there doesn't seem to be enough bones in the front leg. It goes from the shoulder, to the humerus, to the ulna, straight to the claw bones. there should be a "cannon" bone between the ulna and the claw bones. Maybe this bone is just specific for a horse, but regardless, I need it in order to properly animate a run cycle. Has anyone ever used the Quad guide to rig a horse before? Has anyone encountered this issue before? I'd love some feedback. Thanks everyone!!!!
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
tormarquis
in reply to: thursday420

After many hours of scratching my head trying to use that quadruped rig, I searched and found your comment.  I guess logical minds think alike.  I totally agree with you.  It seems like this quaduped guide was not for a horse.  However, that being said, there is a great rigging tutorial (very long) on digital tutors, if you have the patience.  He goes step by step and without skipping any important ones, like the specific anatomy of the animal.  If you have found since a solution, like removing rotation or translation constraints, please let me know

Tor Marquis

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report