Softimage Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Softimage Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Softimage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

export animations

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
360 Views, 2 Replies

export animations

I'm trying to export my model with animations to Maya or 3ds max and when I export them with fbx they loses their animations. Do you know what I'm doing wrong?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
h.mullane
in reply to: Anonymous

Don't see any specific setting for exporting a certain frame range but I'd just make sure the frame range in the timeline is where it needs to be.

If I were you I'd just use the crosswalk exporter, pretty much makes .fbx obsolete. The .fbx format was great back in the day before Max and Maya had good .xsi support but all that has changed and all 3 programs can exchange scenes with minimal loss of data using the crosswalk converter (.xsi 6).
Message 3 of 3
draise
in reply to: Anonymous

You may need to bake the animation to the mesh, or work on a ghost rig that will be your deformation rig (nulls linked to your animated rig that are the envelope weights). I read somewhere this might be needed for exporting to games or other things. I don't know much about this, this was just what I found online one day curious.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report