Softimage Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Softimage Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Softimage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Animating light properities in the animation editor

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
barticuss
489 Views, 3 Replies

Animating light properities in the animation editor

I'm trying to animate the Light Attenuation in the animation editor.
When I select the light, the light position information is present in the animation explorer display but none of the animated properties appear.
If I right click the property in the light properties window and select "Animation editor", the keyframe information appears in the f-curve editor, but not in the animation explorer display, instead I see the message - "All items hidden due to a filter".
I've searched for what filter I could have on that would prevent me from seeing this property, but not having much luck.
Any ideas?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
lucericr
in reply to: barticuss

I think this is a bug with the software. These parameters are actually ports on the soft_light shader beneath the light

you can work-around this by selecting the soft_light shader instead of the light (you could do this in a Scene Explorer view, for example) and then, back in the Animation Editor, turn off Explorer->Animated Parameters only.

There an even easier way to do this. In the light property page, right click on the animation divot next to "start falloff" and select "Animation Editor...". Again, turn off Explorer->Animated Parameters only to work-around the bug
Message 3 of 4
barticuss

Thanks for the feedback. I've been able to see the key frame data with the technique of "right click animation editor", but not the property in the animation explorer window (on the left side of the animation editor). Ideally I would like to see the Start Falloff and End Falloff, and be able to key both at the same time.
If I need to, I can still animate the properties one at a time. I was just hoping to find a way to remove the "filter" so I can see both properties in the window at the same time.
Thanks again for the feedback.
Message 4 of 4
barticuss

Okay, figured the work around out, and it works good enough.
I do the right click on the light property to open the editor, and just lock it. Do the same for the end falloff, good enough...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report