Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trax Editor error importing (fbx or any type) animation

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mmalik
1031 Views, 1 Reply

Trax Editor error importing (fbx or any type) animation

Hi,

I am a programmer and i have been using maya for few minor modeling. Now I have game that i am designing in Unity and in that game my character should have 1 animation in whole. From there i can divide different clips. So I am trying to add/merge different clips i.e. running, walk and stuff to 1 character (some call it cycle) and 1 animation. It took me days to figure out how to do it and finnaly I found that it is possible with trax editor.

The only problem is that when I import my animation, (downloaded from mixamo)  into the character, it gives me an error saying "the specified file contained no clips." I created character set and all but still end up with this problem. I followed this video (link below), and imported an FBX character with animation and saved the animation as .ma file and reimported it. Still i get the error. Please help me i have no idea why it is doing this to me, maybe i am doing it wrong. I am using maya 2014. 

Please please please help Smiley Sad

Thank you for reading

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

You should be able to open your animated character then select the rig or joints and in the Trax editor click the create clip button.  It will create a character, create a clip and insert it ready to go. You can also just create and save the clips from the clip menu.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report