Community
3ds Max Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with CAT

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
william.vollmar
312 Views, 3 Replies

Problems with CAT

I am probably missing some piece of information but how do you flip a character over in CAT. An example would be animating a dive or gymnastic flip. I can get the character about half way around and then it doesn't seem to want to go any further. In Biped you could freeform animate the pelvis and the rest of the rig would follow around. This does not seem to be true in CAT as far as I can see.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
tyree_10
in reply to: william.vollmar

you need to select the pelvis and the platforms. you could do the same by using the transform gizmo for the layer
Message 3 of 4
samab
in reply to: william.vollmar

BTW, there is a forum for CAT here, it's right at the bottom of the list, so you maybe missed it.
http://area.autodesk.com/forum/autodesk-3ds-max/3ds-max-cat/
Message 4 of 4
leeman
in reply to: tyree_10

I've been trying to figure the same thing out (mid-air sommersault, flip, handstand etc.). When I select the pelvis and the platforms and do a rotate (character off ground) I get two different results (depending on Use Transform Coordinate Center setting interaction) Either the platforms are rotating on their own axes (when selected and rotated with pelvis - Auto Key on) or I can get the overall rotation effect I'm seeking but the rotation center is based in the Parent (therefore offset from the hips.)

I can get close to what I need to do by rotating transform gizmo for the layer but the center of that rotation is offset from the pelvis. Am I supposed to change the pivot point center for the animation layer transform gizmo?

I'll check out the indicated CAT forum. Thanks to all for any any advice.

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report