Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem wih Curves Automatically Grouped

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
inaru101
910 Views, 1 Reply

Problem wih Curves Automatically Grouped

Currently working on a rig and as I started planting out the control curves I noticed that they were automatically being grouped in the outliner. At first it shows up looking like the curve has something parented to it but when you expand the hierarchy the parent turns into a group and the child is the actual curve. When I attempt to edit >> ungroup nothing happens, not even an error about leaf level transforms. When I delete the child I am left with a null group. Whether I make a nurbs circle, square, or even an EP curve they all automatically become grouped in the outliner. I have tried resetting the tool for creating a nurbs circle, closing and restarting Maya all with no luck. This is Maya 2015, I am to the point where I might export the mesh and plant the curves in 2014 and then import/reposition the curves in the original 2015 file.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Calebos
in reply to: inaru101

Hi,

first of all try to look at Outliner menu "Display". My opinion is you have active "Shapes" option. If you turn it off you will get rid off each "plus" aside of each node there.

Maya's node principle behaviuor is both with transformation node and shape node. It means you need for any entity inside Maya the transformation node to place it in carthesian space, then you have to have the shape node which is defining the "matter" of concrete entity(for example NURBS surface/curve or polygonal object).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report