Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pole Vector for knee is moving on it's own?!?!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
tyler_savage7
378 Views, 2 Replies

Pole Vector for knee is moving on it's own?!?!

Hey all, sorry if this question has been asked before as I could not find an answer. My problem is for a school project, we were given a "Thief Girl" rig to make some AnimSets to import into UDK. Randomly it seems the pole vector for the knee (the small control that dictates the path and direction of the knee) is moving after all of my keyframes. 

In short I only have about 20 frames, and after the 20th frame it just keeps moving in the same direction. (Yes I have checked if I accidently set a key somewhere :s.) I'm totally unsure why it would just keep floating farther off into empty space.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Calebos
in reply to: tyler_savage7

Hi,

select the PoleVector handle, go to Graph Editor and there in the menu turn On Infinity option(View->Infinity). I dare to guess you have the infinity turned on in post and pre time for animation curves. You can change it with selection of all keyframes and in the Menu of Graph Editor set the Curves->Pre/Post Infinity to Constant Value.

Message 3 of 3
tyler_savage7
in reply to: Calebos

Thank you for your help, this didn't fix it, but I did find out the problem, after going back to my teacher. Apparently he had different file types with baked animations on some of them and that's what i got, so the knee vectors were holding onto some old data, if that makes sense :S??

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report