Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2013 - Windows 7 64-bit - audio issue

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Kuurion
811 Views, 1 Reply

Maya 2013 - Windows 7 64-bit - audio issue

I'm having a very important problem coming up in my Maya 2013. I need this to be resolved ASAP for school projects (IE I have a deadline in 4 days and another sound project immediately after that.)

Basically my Maya 2013 won't play sound. It won't read the sound file, at all. I can import the sound file, and Maya recognizes there's an audio file there, I can reach it by right-clicking on the timeline and going through the sound submenu. I can go into the trax window and see the track, with the proper length of time, but there's no sound wave forms in it. There are no wave forms on the timeline either. There is no sound even when I manually scrub through it, and the timeline is on the real-time playback speed setting. 

This is not just an importing issue, because I've taken a project file off my mac laptop, with perfectly fiunctioning sound, put it on my windows machine and opened it, and the sound no longer works. 

Now this is a very time-sensitive issue, so I need any responses to skip past the obvious solutions and things I've already tried, please.

:Already deleted the preferences folder

:Already updated Windows codecs

:yes the timeline is on real-time playback speed

:I've made a dozen new files and even new project folders

:tried multiple formats of sound file

And before it's asked, no I cannot do the assignment on my laptop. The scene file is too large, and there are 1-frame keyframes (it's syncing to a piece of music, and percussion comes quick), and my laptop doesn't have the juice to run this smoothly enough for the proper timing tweaks.

This is something that has even my instructors stumped, nobody has run into this before and we've gone through all the basic fixes already. I need to know if there's anybody here that can help, or can refer me to an autodesk contact somewhere that can help. 

Please and thank you.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
n8skow
in reply to: Kuurion

Is it unncompressed audio or compressed?

If compressed - what codec? Supported audio files are pretty limited in Maya...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report