Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyframed an object with Manip instead of default...

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
zip1ice
272 Views, 1 Reply

Keyframed an object with Manip instead of default...

I keyframed a character rig  in Maya with the rotate tool with the pivot option set to Manip and what's worse is that I saved it before I realized what I had done. I originally was using the default pivot option and this change to manip completely displaced my character in all the other keyframes.

Now I have a week worth of work gone and I was just curious is there anyway I could salvage this or even better reverse the effects and remove the pivot manip displacements? 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
zip1ice
in reply to: zip1ice

Nvm found a work around. Went to the last object I selected from the group of controllers for the rig and rotated with manip to the orientation in the previous frame and tried to match the rotation values. Couldn't input the exact values because it would only affect the objects individually despite being multiselected so... tried an hour of painstacking accuracy to get close enough to the value that it would be noticable.
Terrible but at least I manage to get my previous work back. 

The option to even use manip is a hazard.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report