Community
3ds Max Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit camera key frame on path.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
GGPS90
1046 Views, 4 Replies

Edit camera key frame on path.

Hi,

Heres the deal:

CAMERA.jpg

Camera animation starts on the inside and goes around to the outside. I need to edit the key frames so as to make it slow down between f150 to f200 so that i get a slow zoom out effect, know what i mean? How can i edit the keyframes to achieve this. It does not seem to work by adding the keyframes manually in between. Thx for any help.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Steve_Curley
in reply to: GGPS90

Basically you need to move the keyframes further apart, simply inserting more keys won't help.
Try it with a simple Box animated across the viewport with just a start and end key (Frames 0 and 50). Play the animation. Now move the last key to frame 100 and play it. Same distance, twice the number of frames, half the speed.
As you're animating with a Path you need to move the keys on the "% along path" track.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 3 of 5
GGPS90
in reply to: Steve_Curley

Yes but moving the keyframes furthur apart will slow the whole animation down. I need it to be slower only when the cam reaches the end of the circle/helix, that is when it moves back on the straight line. So it has 2 speed on the path, lets say starts at F0 and reaches end of circle at F150 with normal speed and as from F150 to F200, it moves real slow on the straight line. Thats why adding a keyframe in between start frame and end frame would have been easy if that is possible.

Message 4 of 5
Steve_Curley
in reply to: GGPS90

You can insert keys to "mark" the start and end of the slow section, but the fact remains that to make that section slower you need to move the keys further apart (in time).

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 5 of 5
GGPS90
in reply to: Steve_Curley

Ok, I figured it out, had to let Autokey on when using "% along path".

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report