Community
3ds Max Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deleting position key in 3ds max 2015

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
yazenga.vm
791 Views, 2 Replies

deleting position key in 3ds max 2015

This is a rookie qn. Well when I was trying to animate the bouncing ball and it was time to delete that position key at frame 15 it deletes the whole ball every time. My curve editor won't show anything unless I select the ball and when I click that key @ 15 on my y curve n press delete it deletes the ball instead of just the position key. I tried this like 100 times. Help please
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
BuckWyckoff
in reply to: yazenga.vm

I like to work in the dope sheet and if you have the object selected in the hierachy on the left, when you selects keys to delete the whole object deletes.  Deselect the object on the left, then select and delete individual keys.

Not sure if something similar is going on in curve view.  Wouldn't surprise me.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: yazenga.vm

Is this a specific curve-editor q?

In that case, you have to select the individual XYZ (Crtl to add)  positions and drag a square around them and press delete.

If it's a general q, then there are more options:

In the timeline, right-click key 15. There should be a menu pop up and in there a delete key,with sub-menus for positions, rotations etc. even for indivdual XYZ axis.

Another way is to select your motion tab. With the ball selected, there should be PRS Parameters rolled out. There you can delete or create keys for positions, rotations, Scale. (Be on frame 15 in timeline to do this). That's for  all axis.

Or as said, in the dope sheet 🙂

Edit: It works like that in 2013. Currently I've not tried 15 yet, but I'm sure it's the same.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report