Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conflict with Keyframing and Set Driven Keyframes

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
419 Views, 2 Replies

Conflict with Keyframing and Set Driven Keyframes

I am making a rig and I used my curves to set driven keys for a control panel. They are all Driven Keyed to the Driver, but when I try to keyframe the curves in an animation, they don't respond to my keys within the time line. Any help?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Did you forget set animation key to the object? (below No.3)

1, pCube1.translateX=0, color=black -> set drivenKey from pCube1.translateX(driver) to color(driven)

2, pCube1.translateX=1, color=white -> set drivenKey from pCube1.translateX(driver) to color(driven)

3, Animate pCube1. For example, translateX=1 at frame=1 and translateX=0 at frame=10

Or, if "time line" you said means "time slider", driver nor driven informations aren't appear in time slider.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Here's a better explanation for what's happened. http://prntscr.com/59b92v . Axis' that are keyed to another object (set driven keyed) will not produce movement with animation keyframes, while the ones that aren't keyed will respond to keyframes. The position I put the curve in just stays in it's last state I put it, and not inducing movement.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report