Community
3ds Max Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAT Motion presets

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
tomcooney1
1004 Views, 0 Replies

CAT Motion presets

Greetings fellow animators!

I am having a problem with CAT Motion animation concerning a biped. I am trying to animate the biped to dance, so far I can get it to walk onto the stage using a CAT Motion Layer, but when I move onto the next part of the dance and insert an Absolute Animation Layer something strange happens to the biped's legs, the knees and ankles instantly twist grotesquely.

I try to straighten them back up prior to animating them but I cannot make heads or tails of the Hierarchy's orientation or direction, all three axes (X,Y and Z) seem to move the knees in the same direction except realistically.

I've tried altering the hierarchy but it causes the femur, calf, and foot bone to disperse in distance directions! I've tried enabling "Additive to Setup Pose" in Link Info in the Hierarchy menu but all that does is detach the leg from the pelvis and still the problem persists.

Grabbing the foot platforms just cause the legs to pivot in the wrong direction, the knee bends backwards or to the side, which looks painful! I don't know what else to try, I just want my biped to move exactly as a human moves, is this a common error with CAT Motion and bipeds or am I missing something? Please help!

T.H.Cooney Art

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report