Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Animating a rig freezing

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
NIOSmanager
205 Views, 0 Replies

Animating a rig freezing

Sadly, I don't have access to the file right now, but I will describe what the issue is best I can.

I am making a silly video and I finished making the environment. I tried animating one of the characters in it, but when i did anything to it (rotate, move, ect.), Maya would freeze for two seconds before showing the result. This obvious makes it difficult to animate.

When I opened the model, parts of the head were separated so that animated textures could be used in games. I merged the edges and smoothed it, and I'm pretty sure this is creating the problem.

I tried a few things... I don't really feel like re-rigging the skin, so I'm hoping to get around this. I tried reducing the polycount, but now every time i move it, it freezes and says "reducing polygons" at the bottom, every time i move it.

I tried deleting history, and the result was the head became nothing but a single face.

I am now out of ideas.... Can someone please help me? Much obliged.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report