Community
3ds Max Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All bones are getting keyed (Biped)

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
loulepore
424 Views, 1 Reply

All bones are getting keyed (Biped)

Hello,

I'm having a weird problem with a biped rig I have and can't seem to find the solution. There seems to be something wrong with the hierarchy and I can't figure out if I'm doing something fundamentally wrong or if it's been rigged weird. 

The Problem;

Every bone that is a child of a parent will inherit its parents keyframes. So for example, let's say the clavicle bone is keyed, those keyframes are then represented on all the other bones attached to it. So obviously, if I go to key another bone, I must be careful because it is already keyed in the original position it started in when I keyed the clavicle. It works the other way around as well. If I key the fingertip bone, the rest of the arm gets a key there as well. 

If I go to delete a key from one bone, and they happen to share keyframes with another bone, the other bones keys get deleted as well.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
RGhost77
in reply to: loulepore

If you need separate keys for each bone, you just need to switch on this feature: Biped->Keyframing tools->Separate FK tracks->Arms/Legs/Fingers etc.

Royal Ghost | veda3d.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report