Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2012 Joint Tool

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
burywhite1980
381 Views, 5 Replies

2012 Joint Tool

I am trying to make a skeleton for my character. Why is it that my Joint tool doesn't look like everything I am seeing online and in my classes. I have no joints just outlined circular shapes with no bone shapes at all. I have searched online multiple times so I must be the dumbest user because no one else has this problem and if they do they can fix it.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
bccmini
in reply to: burywhite1980

You're not the dumbest user for not knowing this, this must be just a miss click or something that you clicked wrong, don't worry. I do believe that they are just at a large scale and all you really need to do is down scale it, by creating your joint and selecting it and using the scale/size tool and down scaling it.

Hopefully this helps

- bccmini

Message 3 of 6
burywhite1980
in reply to: bccmini

when I try to down scale it the handles go down then revert back to the original position

Message 4 of 6

Message 5 of 6
bccmini
in reply to: burywhite1980

Ok my mistake, what you need to do is select your joints and go to display/animation/joint size.... Then it'll open a box where you can down and up scale your joints.
Hopefully this works for you!
- bccmini
Message 6 of 6
burywhite1980
in reply to: bccmini

BOOM! What a fix, thank you sooo much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report