Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How about Esc key to pick nothing.

How about Esc key to pick nothing.

How about using the Esc key instead of having to pick nothing. Like most other programs on planet earth.

Also an ocject snap shelf would be nice.

Buddy.

6 Comments
dswilson22
Enthusiast

Additionally, it would be useful to escape any running process for instance a large filleting operation.

Doug

usasd2008
Community Visitor

How can I to change views in Alias, how can I change the back view for the front view and so on?

Why Alias do not use the front view as default?

Thank you.

marc.imp
Advocate

Do I have the chance to support this idea even more? It´s great and top voted over all and we don´t even have a reaction from Autodesk?

Sure, there is already a Hotkey for this which could even be reduced to pushing just one button with Preferences - Interface - Toggle Single Hotkeys, but honestly, making this the Default, would help beginners a lot. It would reduce mouse travel and is more consistent to other products as @cobaltred already pointed out. Even if "Pick Nothing" from the Marking Menu is used we still have "pushing two buttons at once plus mouse movement" vs "pushing one button"

joe.doyle.yyz
Alumni

Hi Marc,

We actually have logged this idea. In principle we think this is a great idea. The challenge that we are trying to figure out is how to reconcile this behavior with other uses of ESC.

Regards,

Joe 

bob55
Autodesk

We use ESC to break out of many processes for example like check model.  I don't think you can break out of a single fillet calculation.

You can customize you modeling windows layout via menu->Layouts->Save Current Layout .  If you use the default name "user_windows.view" the layout will be used by default.

DDP-ED
Advocate

Whether you like it or not, Alias’s user experience is terribly inefficient.
For one task in Alias, we always have a long and hard way to solve it. In other packages, with the same complexity of tasks for design, the same working tasks are solved in an easier way. It all comes down to a normal and natural user experience, on the basis of which the user interface is created.

To repeat the same convenience and speed in Alias, developers will have to rethink everything and redo everything anew.

Company management will never allow this to be done. They are afraid of reducing sales, and still do not want to spend a lot of money on large and long rework.

This is like a death, when in large companies, literally over the years, you have to coordinate some trifle. About global alterations even think not to dare.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report