Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Added Direct Modeling History

Added Direct Modeling History

recording the movements of edited CVs (Direct Modeling) in a surface with history.

Suppose I have Skin surface with Proportional Crown driven from two curves for each edge.

Would be nice to be able to direct model the crown CVs without loosing the history that keeps the Skin Srf attached to the curves.

Alias could keep the one history as it is now, but then apply a parallel history for edited CVs afterwards. Is not going to be heavy cus would just be a set of vectors for each CVs moved.

In the example above would be useful because even if the curves are tangent to other curves that drive another Skin Surface, it is not for sure that the Crown CV will be in tangency too.. with the edited CV recorded movements, I could modify that CV and still be able to keep alive the history of the Skin tool that allows me to control the overall Crown and so on. 

An option could then be set to restore the default position of every CVs getting rid of the movements applied to the CVs.

This workflow was used in solidThinking and I found it to be a very useful tool that allows to keep History alive even when Direct Modeling without complicating too much the things or making a too heavy history.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report