Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wordspace Moving - help please

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
rafael_ochoa
296 Views, 3 Replies

Wordspace Moving - help please

Hi all,

I'm in the Naval industry, the firm were I'm getting the Boat Hull from suddenly decided to move the Word space from 0,0,0 to +7700,0,0 mm

My Model has over 20K surfaces some with constructions history, and in order to simplify the whole import/export procedure between the systems (rhino/Alias) I need to change my word space coordinates, How can I do that?

I already try with Palette--->Construction--->Plane (world) but it is not helping... I would also like to avoid taking my whole model and move it 7700 forward, help please.

Regards,

Rafael
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
vahidanwari
in reply to: rafael_ochoa

wow. 20k surfs! i dont know the answer to your question, but what is the file size?
Message 3 of 4
Sleek

I don't know if it's the answer you are looking for but I would try with Palette/Construction/Set construction plane to re-create a new reference plane. Why it didn't work when you tried ?

You can toggle between normal 0 0 0 and the reference plane you created with Construction/Toggle plane.

Or ask the firm to give you the hull again but with the coordinates at 0 0 0 . If they knew how to change it then they know how to change it back. If this is a one way workflow and you are not sending back the model to them wouldn't it be the simplest solution ?

Hope that helps
Message 4 of 4
rafael_ochoa

Hi thx for the help so far,

@ vahidanwari wow. 20k surfs! i dont know the answer to your question, but what is the file size?

60mb aprox. it is a very Big Yacht I'm working on since January 2008 when you count all the fillets, details etc etc it is not difficult to reach that number.

@ Jean-Philippe Berlencourt

I hope I could just do that, but i can't it is not just a simple matter to make a new construction plane (this will not affect the world coordinates when exporting data) what I need is to reposition my model or the whole coordinate system 7700 mm in the + X without losing all constructions history, all the engineering firms are already working with the new world coordinate which was redefined because of an addition of 7,7 mt. to the yacht, every time I have to send them new data I have to move it 7700mm in the x and the export it, this is just getting annoying I thought a very expensive paket like Studio should have a simple function for that but it appears it only can deal with temporary constructions planes or I have not yet figure out a smarter solution..... sad

regards

Rafael Ochoa

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report