Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

windows 7

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
r_kern
718 Views, 7 Replies

windows 7

I am running into UI problems using the rail tool with Windows 7 operating system.  I get a pop up that says it cant find cell pixels.  Anyone have a fix?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
anand_joshi
in reply to: r_kern

Are you using a qualified graphic card ?

Check alias qualified h/w info on autodesk.com

Regards

Anand
Message 3 of 8
r_kern
in reply to: anand_joshi

Yes, It is qualified.  Sometimes the rail window goes completely black and I have to restart Alias to correct it. Thanks for the suggestion.

Message 4 of 8
anand_joshi

Is this happening each & every time, you use that tool ?

I mean, is this a predictable problem issue for you ?

Maybe try using a different video driver or something.

Regards

Anand
Message 5 of 8
c3systems

Please try to switch off all the eye candy ( all the aero stuff ) or better to switch to classic xp theme and see if it solves the problem.

Message 6 of 8
r_kern
in reply to: c3systems

This is unpredictable.  I have been migrating between Alias 2010 and 2011, depending on which is more consistent on any given day. 

Where is the function located that allows me to switch to a classic xp theme?

thanks for your help.

Message 7 of 8
anand_joshi

I have experienced 2011 pretty stable with proper graphics card, updated service pack or updates and most updated windows 7.

And BTW, I am using win 7 with all eye candy without any problems.

Hope you have installed SR1 for 2011, which is available for download at autodesk.com

Regards

Anand
Message 8 of 8
c3systems

Below are the excerpts from the Microsoft page. You can change the theme to a basic one by which the aero effects are turned off. In any case there will be a speed increase for any opengl applications. BTW, what graphics card are you using... and the driver version.

"Yes. If you see poor display quality using the Aero color scheme, try changing to another color scheme, such as Windows Vista Basic, to see if performance improves.

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, clicking Personalization, and then clicking Window Color and Appearance. If the Appearance Settings dialog box is not displayed, at the bottom of the page, click Open classic appearance properties.

2. In the Color scheme list, select another color scheme, and then click OK."

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report