Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when i use a revolve the hull fails, what should i do?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
calzate4
500 Views, 2 Replies

when i use a revolve the hull fails, what should i do?

i seem to have some kind of bug each time i use the REVOLVE tool and try to modify the cv/hull

this is a screenshot of the error, i just made a revolution and turn on the cv/hull option, i havent modified any of the option  or anything in alias.

is there anyway to fix this?

error.png

thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ravenzep
in reply to: calzate4

Hi,

I see nothing wrong from the hulls, if you dont say what the problem is. I dont even know the shape you are trying to achieve.

Can you please attach here the file, with the curves you want to revolve? It s easier .

Message 3 of 3
ravenzep
in reply to: ravenzep

Just remembered one more thing. If you are thinking there is a problem with geometry, because when you look at the hull, from top view, it is not uniform, and looks strange.

Everything is fine , and is the way it is supposed to be. That surface of revolution you are showing is degree 5 and has 1 span. Since you are most probably using non-rational geometry option (which is corrrect, is what you should be using), that s the reason why it looks odd. If you increase spans, you ll see it gets more and more uniform.

Try making a circle, that  is degree 5 and 1 span. Look at the hull layout. Looks the same as your picture.

I m not really sure, what is the problem if there is any at all.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report