Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to import IGES in Design 2010 on Max OS 10.6?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
brandonlynne
331 Views, 2 Replies

Unable to import IGES in Design 2010 on Max OS 10.6?

I keep getting errors stating that DirectConnect is not installed, and I am unable to open IGES files. After some investigation, it looks like DirectConnect does not support Mac OS 10.6. Can this be true?

Does anyone know of a work around? It is nearly impossible to receive data from our engineers without support for IGES.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

It seems DirectConnect won't run under Snow Leopard. I've just encountered this problem myself; I've only had Snow Leopard installed for a couple of weeks and I just tried to import an IGES file... no-go! I've tried reinstalling Alias 2010 to see if that would solve the problem, but it didn't. I even tried a custom install to try and only install DirectConnect, but the DirectConnect application was greyed out.

I know I didn't have this problem when I was running Leopard, so I will downgrade in the next couple of days and reinstall Alias 2010. I think that is the only solution to this problem. At least until Autodesk releases a version of DirectConnect that is compatible with Snow Leopard... but that could be months away.
Message 3 of 3
brandonlynne
in reply to: brandonlynne

That's a bit of a bummer for anyone that gets a new computer (as is the case for me). I guess I'll have to try to purchase leopard if it's still available. So odd that one part of the software can break while the rest seems fine.

Please update DirectConnect Autodesk.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report