Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to locate tutorial

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
donest
445 Views, 7 Replies

Trying to locate tutorial

I recall a tutorial that would create a tubular metal mesh. I'm not sure if it was done with projection mapping, or displacement. Can someone help point me in the right direction? VERY complicated trying to find one of these older tutorials. Google, wiki help, etc., very annoying. 

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Andreas_Bergmann
in reply to: donest

The tutorial is from Fridolin Beisert und luckily I saved it as .mht, since it disappeared. Can I send it to you?

kind regards

Message 3 of 8
donest

Yes, but it was a tutorial from Alias. I believe either a bump map or displacement. It was a metal tube that was made to look like it was perforated.

Message 4 of 8
Andreas_Bergmann

correct, it was on the old aliasdesign page, and it explains perfectly how to eliminate the specularity in the mesh holes. I saved it, how can I send it to you?

Message 5 of 8
donest
in reply to: Andreas_Bergmann

Can you just reply to this message and add it as an attachment? 

Message 6 of 8
Andreas_Bergmann

Hope this helps. Kind regards, Andreas Andreas Bergmann | Design, mail@andreasbergmann-design.com Wattstrasse 11-13, Aufgang 4, 13355 Berlin, Germany, Telefon 030-29044991 Telefax 030-29049922, Mobil 0163-2425255 www.andreasbergmann-design.com
Message 7 of 8
donest

I don't see an attachment. Maybe only certain file types allowed. send to;

don.estabrooks@lifetimebrands.com

Thx

Message 8 of 8
donest

That's exactly what I was looking for, Angreas! Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. Thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report