Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transparent Background-Sketchbook Pro

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
renizans
24275 Views, 1 Reply

Transparent Background-Sketchbook Pro

I am a total newbie to Sketchbook pro and this may be a very stupid question but I cannot figure out how to create an image and it have a transparent background. I have locked the transparency... I have locked it on all layers... I have deleted the background layer. I have saved it as a png, tiff, bmp, jpeg... knowing that png is what I am wanting... I have minimized the background layer's opacity.. saved it with and without locking it...

Whenever I save the image... in any form that I have, I open it elsewhere and it still has a white background. How do I remedy that?
I've looked everywhere and can find nothing to help me

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jameg2169
in reply to: renizans

hi renizans,

if you are working in SBP 2010 and you want a transparent background, you have to do your work on a layer leaving the background layer empty. Save the file as a .psd (native photoshop) open in photoshop and delete or turn off your unwanted layers. SBP will save your layer structure in the photoshop file format, but doesn't with any other, not even tiff. hope that helps.

Best, Jamie.-

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report