Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks Alias: corrupted .wire file

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
AWOL_Andy
2224 Views, 6 Replies

Thanks Alias: corrupted .wire file

anyone know how to uncorrupt a .wire file? Thanks Alias for screwing it up for me and wasting hours of my time.

Also: why is it such a pain to register, super-strong password requirements for a message board? And why is USA way the hell down on the pick list, near Uzbekistan. Should be at the top.

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ravenzep
in reply to: AWOL_Andy

Doesn´t it start with an U ?

Message 3 of 7
matt.presta

Hi Andy, did you ever solve this problem? The lack of info in the forums leads me to believe this corruption is a rare occurance.

I too have a corrupted file (Alias Design 2014) that I would love to repair.  I reinstalled Alias to hopefully avoid future corruptions but it would be great to learn how to get my file back.

Any ideas would be helpful.  Thanks.

Matt

Message 4 of 7
AWOL_Andy
in reply to: matt.presta

Hi Matt!

Hope you're well. Alas, didn't resolve this issue..I think I had to rebuild
or load a previous version.

andy
Message 5 of 7
matt.presta

Hey Andy,

I'm doing great thanks!  It was quite a scare losing that file, of course being up against a deadline.  Luckily I had recently saved a previous version so I didn't lose too much work.  We have however started proliferating a lot more files at the office as a result of this experience.  Never know when it will happen next!

Keep up the great work - love what I'm seeing from AWOL.  Hope to work together again someday.

Matt

Message 6 of 7
donest
in reply to: matt.presta

In 19 years of using Alias I don't recall a single instance of having a corrupt wire file. Including opening files created in different versions. Amusing that you would blame the software, and not suspect the user.

Message 7 of 7
dutchy4c
in reply to: donest

I have been using Alias now for 22 years, and in all version at some stage I've experienced the corrputed file syndrom. Not even with a crash, but simply saving at the end of the day, it wouldn't open the next morning and stated it was corrupted. There is no solution for it, so I am actively using the Checkpoint option, with a frequency of 100, Maximum file size of 800 Mb, max 3 files, and unclick the Clear on Exit at the bottom. That way I always have at some sort of a back up.

I also found that if the software crashes, which after 22 years, it still does regularly.., during the crash you can go to the Start menu and within the Autodesk and Alias folder go to Save and Exit, which also forces it to save a backup, just to be safe..

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report