Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

texture mapping on high curvature surface(s)

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
teomud
1065 Views, 1 Reply

texture mapping on high curvature surface(s)

Hi guys,
I have just started to render with Alias and actually I have some problems to project a pattern like this on these 2 (or more) matching surfaces but aiming to not have stretching of regular pattern, as if it was a sort of snake skin in which each cell adapt itself to the high curvature of the surface, while here ita appears stretched as it's simply a projection of the flat texture on an high curvature srf. Is there anyone that could explain to me a method to apply a personal regular pattern with no deformation on a complex set of double high curvature surfaces? thanks

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
nicolas.caquelin
in reply to: teomud

Hi, if I understand well your request: You would like to "unwrap" the shape for make a UV texturing on your surface(s), right?

At the moment, it is impossible to do that in Alias, you still need to do using Maya / 3DSMax or other rendering software...

But we have several way to "approximate" your request, first if you want to do that in Alias you need to convert your patch layout without trim surfaces (no curve on surf) and you need to connect (attach) several patches (surfaces) to define one Nurbs surface who can apply texture in the UV direction (without projection and deformation).

Without deformation only if you build well the nurbs => take care about the span structure and position, try to have the most regular disposition of them...

Second, and it is interesting also for some case, you can build your pattern in a 2D by curves for exemple... And after that try Conform Rig in the Palette tool (Objet Edit). Now your pattern is put on your several surfaces in 3D and you just need to trim for put several color for your rendering.

Hope it can help?

Regards,

Nicolas Caquelin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report