Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

surfaces problem

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
fprico
562 Views, 6 Replies

surfaces problem

Hi,

Any one could help me with my model, I am tryng to import into inventor to shell but the surfaces are so complex that I can not do any shell. any Idea what is wrong in the model?

thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
johnsonshiue
in reply to: fprico

Hi! I took a brief look at the file. It looks like the problem is with Inventor Shell. I am forwarding it to Inventor team for further investigation. If you have other Inventor related issues to report, please post them on Autodesk Inventor Discussion Group.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/bd-p/78

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 7
fprico
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Hi! ok, thanks for responding

Message 4 of 7
nicolas.caquelin

I am curious to know which solide software are you using for doing this 3D model?

The quality is a bite poor for a correct translation between several plateform ! ! !

That is why you have some issue (in my point of view of course).

Regards,

Message 5 of 7
fprico
in reply to: nicolas.caquelin

Hi, I was using Autocad 2013 to make the suface model.

Regards

Message 6 of 7
nicolas.caquelin

Ok I see... In my experience, if you would not have any issue regarding the transfert between softwares, you need to manage and control everything in your 3D data.

If I check a bite your data structure, the patch layout, cv layout and your main surfaces are not exactly correct regarding the modelling request (basic shape + transitional surfaces + shutline and final radii, etc...)

Also it is work but same as every software, it works well if you stay in the software environnement. Until you send to another one, the new software will tell you that your data are corrupted and/or not available for its requests... And that for ALL softwares... Except if you are working with some Modelling experience (same as physical one) and quality requests.

Regards,

Message 7 of 7
fprico
in reply to: nicolas.caquelin

Yes, I think Autocad don' t have to much power to make this tipe of complex surface model. I will take your suggestion and try to work with only one software

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report