Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Studio on Apple MacBook Aluminium

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
digiformer
273 Views, 5 Replies

Studio on Apple MacBook Aluminium

Does anyone has experience with XP and Alias on Apple Notebooks, especially the new aluminum piece?
The idea is not to use it as workstation *hehe* but for presentations and quick viewings...

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
alehnhar
in reply to: digiformer

I don't have the latest Macbook pro but the previous version with 2 gigs of ram running XP through bootcamp and it works perfectly. I did have some problems with Alias 2009 hanging every once in a while with the supplied bootcamp video driver but I when I updated it to one of the newer nivdia drivers it seamed to fix it. I use it as a full time machine without any problems or interface issues. With large models over 250mb, I have run into some out of memory errors but I think the new macbook can take 4 gigs of ram.
Message 3 of 6
digiformer

Thank You very much for this info, we'll think about it...
Message 4 of 6
potatowedge

i'm curious to ask how you updated your graphics drivers? I am having problems with alias lagging and failing on startup when running in 32-bit graphics mode on my mbp. If i switch to 16-bit it is fine...any thoughts? I can't find updated drivers anywhere though. thanks!

-r
Message 5 of 6
ruparc

Can I run the Alias Studio on the Mac platform? I got confused with the webkey concept.
Message 6 of 6
alehnhar

Potatowedge,

You can download drivers from here.. http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/drivers

and here is some info on how to install them..

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=9243

I haven't tried it in 64 bit.. Only in 32.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report