Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solid Textures tricks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Chponks
465 Views, 5 Replies

Solid Textures tricks

Hi!
There is a problem with texture mapping.
I have an Original Object with aligned texture projection.
Also I have numerous copies of the Object.
How can I apply Object's texture projection to all copies?
(see attached file)
Or can I do it with "Convert Solid Texture" only?...

Best Regards
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
q_vazk
in reply to: Chponks

Group texture placement node under object and maybe try to duplicate them together?
Message 3 of 6
anand_joshi

Hi Friends,

No grouping necessary.

When you apply a shader with projection texture, make texture visible. Now if you just do copy & paste, the texture node is also copied and pasted along with the object.

Try it.
Regards

Anand
Message 4 of 6
Chponks

Hi! Friends, thanks a lot for your replies!
But I have a comment:
How do you copy texture projection? (Multi-lister>edit>copy)?
When I copy a texture projection, shader is also copied. It's not a problem, if I have two or three copies. But in case with 50 object's copies, shader will be copied also 50 times. (image with bottles - here I used "convert to smear")

PS. I've tried to use "link with object" in "3d placement" tools, but it doesn't work in this case... (image with spheres - projections are copied to the instances, but doesn't take effect)

best regards, pozdeev
Message 5 of 6
digiformer

hmm this is indeed a problem.

Just in case you do have something easy to texture like the bottles label, I suggest you forget the projektion and put a fitting texture right onto the surface. Maybe via layered shaders. Just like you would label the bottle with a real sheet of paper. Then the copy thing will be no problem.

...tobias
Message 6 of 6
Dua-Xiong

If you have a fairly simple set of surfaces to duplicate, Solid Textures is probably the simplest solution. Edited by: Dua Xiong on Oct 1, 2008 2:11 AM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report