Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SketchBook Pro How to install 50 free brushes, stamps and textures

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
uriel70
78593 Views, 16 Replies

SketchBook Pro How to install 50 free brushes, stamps and textures

Wassup guys, this is my first post on this site!Smiley Happy

Does anyone can tell me how to install  the 50 free brushes package on a mac?

many many thanx in advance

Take care

uriel

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
drawnword
in reply to: uriel70

I took a while for me to find out how it's done... but I managed to do it.

There's a symbol on top right hand corner of the brush palette. Symbol has several small circles placed on a circle path. Click on that, hold down the mouse and choose new brush(plus sign and a brush) from the menu. It opens up a dialog box. On bottom left you find a button called: import. Click on it - now you can navigate to the folder where brushes are situated. It is a bit painful to bring in brushes one by one. The system doesn't seem to allow to import them all at one go. Also some of the thumbnails seem to be missing.

I tried several times to use the import feature, but it kept all brushes unavailable for import. Hopefully there's a fix for this coming up soon. On iPad version of this software you have many more brushes as a preset. I wonder, why the same couldn't happen here.

I am using Mac OSX - it could be different if you have another OS.

Message 3 of 17
vngogh1
in reply to: drawnword

Ditto on the Mac/import issues.  Hope they take care of that soon.

Message 4 of 17
neilrl

Where is the link for the 50 brushes to download them? Can you post it?

Many thanks.

Message 5 of 17
Beef777

You must import directly the zip file in the brush dialogue box 

you can find the brush here

cheers

Message 6 of 17
jdelaronde

Thanks for the info bro!. I was just wondering how to import the brushes and I came to check out for an answer and saw your post.

Thanks man!

JC

Jean Claude de La Ronde
Freelance Storyboard Artist
Message 7 of 17
sanpancho13

Sketchbook allows to install brush sets. The problem with the Bentley free brushes is that there is no much information available on how to properly import this files into sketch book pro. I found out that SBP reads zip files, so I compresed each folder in my mac. The problem I had initially and it may be your problem too, is that I compressed the folder with the files inside of it. Sketchbook couldn't read the files and gave me an error. To avoid this just select all the tiff and the xml files inside the folder and right click and select "compress all selected files". It should result in a zip file, I have a mac but I remember windows also allows you to zip files this way. Now just import the brush set as mention in the previous post by selecting the resulting zip file. 

Message 8 of 17
teamina
in reply to: sanpancho13

Thanks for the answer .You're so great! Looking forward for more updates from you!

Cheers,

Lee

Message 9 of 17
LSammyD

To uriel70,

I was having the same problem but with windows 7 instead of mac. Thanks to you, it was the exact same way to import brushes. In the window version of SketchBook Pro there is only an option to import a "brush set" which worked out great!

Anyway, just wantedto say thanks for Inadvertently helping me!

LSammyD

Message 10 of 17
Chrisshay
in reply to: Beef777

What does this mean?

Message 11 of 17
Chrisshay

Autodesk's instructions for importing even their own brush sets are clear as mud.  

Be nice to include a clue about where to look for a mythical "import brush sets" in their directions.  Anyone?

Message 12 of 17
Mahmad1237PQ5

Mngvbbcghfsszhd zgj xgjgrddhkvzawtb dsgb x
Message 13 of 17
Mahmad1237PQ5

Ilove brash
Message 14 of 17
eobet
in reply to: Chrisshay

Congratulation on resurrecting a six year old thread...

I do find it weird that Sketchbook doesn't have its own official message board. What's up with that Autodesk?

Message 15 of 17
saifmahmud222

I don't get all the brush firend,how I get all the brush?
Message 16 of 17
Virajmisurkar

How to get All brushes?? ???????
Message 17 of 17
vfongwm
in reply to: Virajmisurkar

You can download the latest version of SketchBook and sign-up for the Trial to access all the brushes and Pro features.

Download the free trial here:

https://www.sketchbook.com/

With a subscription, unlock Pro tools on any SketchBook app [Desktop (Windows, Mac) or Mobile (iOS, Android or Window10 tablet)]

Are you a student? Are you looking for an educational version of SketchBook? We have you covered. SketchBook is free for students and educators for three years. You can get it on all SketchBook supported platforms. Either follow the steps below or click here to get started.

More info here:

https://www.sketchbook.com/help/knowledge-base/sketchbook-is-free-for-education-students/

Here's the link to SketchBook Forum for FAQs:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/sketchbook-forum/bd-p/973

Hope this helps,

Vivian

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report