Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SketchBook 2010 - occasional missed strokes

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
joeparis
914 Views, 4 Replies

SketchBook 2010 - occasional missed strokes

While using SKB 2010, I occasionally get a missed stroke. This happens as I'm drawing and picking colours while holding Alt (sometimes quite rapidly). After I let go of Alt that I find that occasionally no stroke is applied to the canvas. It's not a big problem, I just wondered if anyone else experiences this?

Vista 32
Wacom Intuos 3
Sketchbook 2010 trial
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
paintlab
in reply to: joeparis

I've had the opposite effect where I'm putting down strokes quickly and it will lag for a split sec and hit with full opacity so I have a spot ruining my buildup. almost like it "spit" ink blob.

Also, when I open SKP 2010 the tools and layers windows don't pop up. I have to open them each timne I open the program. Is this a settings issue?
Message 3 of 5
allenfu
in reply to: joeparis

I have a similar situation although it happens even if I am not pressing down any keys! when I stroke quickly on the canvas there will be no strokes showing, and if I draw really slowly then the strokes appears... really strange!
Does any one know how to resolve this problem? Thanks!

Mac OS X
Intuos 3
Sketchbook 2010
Message 4 of 5

Hi, I'm not certain about Vista 32, but later posts are on OSX.

I had exactly the same problem, missing strokes, I did tests where I used the 'tally counting' type IIII plus a / through them to see how many it was missing - so sets of five multiple times, sometimes it was missing as many as four out of five.

What I discovered was that this did not happen with photoshop - lag, yes, but no missing strokes. I am using a Cintiq not an Intuos, but the same might be true.

I found that the driver that is not supposed to work with Snow Leopard works fine, the new Wacom driver causes more lag and missing strokes. There are three 'post Snow" drivers, which get gradually better, but still missing say 2 in five strokes.

So, For Mac users, chuck out the new drivers, revert to the 32 bit pre SL drivers and I think that may solve it for you. Perhaps for Win 32, look for the older drivers also - all on the Wacom site.

Autodesk by the way seem to sell the SketchBook Pro software diret, but them provide zero support for it. They just passed me on to a line of folks, distributors etc in the UK that ended with a reseller who didn't sell me the product - so of course wanted to be paid for asistance. Seems the Autodesk way is to get users to do the supporting - like this - doesn't cost anything then and they can keep the focus on profit margins.

Stephen
Message 5 of 5
info
in reply to: StephenDeSaulles7114

hello,

I've got the same problem; every now and then strokes aren't recorded by the tablet (or sketchbook software???) did you find a solution yet?

kind regards pieter janssen

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report