Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodeskโ€™s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Serious Modeling Bug? Align to Trimmed Surface - Mac 2010

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
j-carlton
359 Views, 2 Replies

Serious Modeling Bug? Align to Trimmed Surface - Mac 2010

I am a longtime Studio user (24 years), and was evaluating OSX Autostudio 2010 on a colleague's Mac Book Pro. We ran into what seemed to be a VERY irritating bug:

If a curve (5th degree, single span for example) is aligned to a trimmed surface boundary, and that surface is subsequently untrimmed, the orientation of the aligned CVs of the curve flip their position to the boundary/curve-on-surface by 180ยบ. If a surface built with the aligned curve has history, it follows the flip of the curve CVs. Undo/Revert does not bring the aligned curve back to where it was, the only way we found to correct it was to re-align manually or delete and start with a new curve. This happened over and over - the only way to prevent was to delete history of the aligned curve before un-trimming.

Is anyone else having this issue - and/or is there a fix in the works?

Thanks for supporting OSX, by the way. Such a treat to be back to the good ole days of Unix!
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JohnDixon8251
in reply to: j-carlton

Are you saying that you do not have this problem on a PC? I have had this problem ever since this tool was revamped. There are so many things that go nuts when things get untrimmed that I no longer think of them as bugs, just things I need to work around or rebuild. Whenever I remember, I delete history on the curves after I align them and am happy with them. Then if I need to change it later, I align it again. Obviously not the best scenario.
Message 3 of 3
digiformer
in reply to: j-carlton

...same here...i totally concur with JohnDixon...revolves, rail surfaces, extrudes...the same "funny" behaviour...sometimes

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report