Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SBP2010 Repeated Crashing

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
639 Views, 2 Replies

SBP2010 Repeated Crashing

My specific problem: Program crashes on startup or crashes when trying to open a file or start a New file. This has happened four or five times now. A very polite window opens up and reads: "Sketchbook Pro has experienced a problem and must close. Please save your work." I was downloading it from scratch, four or five times now, but after a few uses this same problem would repeat itself. (On a Mac, PowerPC)

Everyone's problem: People don't seem to be getting answers to their problems. The Autodesk site is also big and confusing. There should be one page to go to for Sketchbook and links to everything else about SBP should be on that page. The page named: "Sketchbook Community Help," might be a good place to start.

On that page have links to:
1. FAQ's
2. Reported bugs and problems
3. Tips and Tutorials
4. Etc.

But instead there is some Sketchbook stuff here. Some on the Community Help page. Some someplace else: It seems dispersed and unorganized..

A moderator should be involved. Questions should be answers. Certainly the company is big enough to try that.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I am having similar problems.
but not at start-up, but more when I am like an hour into a rendering and have forgotten to save and all of the sudden, the program crashes and a window comes up and says an error has occurred and SBP must close.
AAAARGHH! I have to think I am not the only one experiencing this...I really think SBP2010 is great, but it seems to be a lot more unstable than the earlier version.
AS far as consolidated and organized resources for fixing this, I am inclined to agree...Come on Autodesk...let's fix this!
Message 3 of 3
kevinRichards
in reply to: Anonymous

first... i hear ya! the website is huge!! haha and i work here.

virtually all products can be found by adding the name to the end of autodesk.com
www.autodesk.com/sketchbookpro

Which OS?
have you installed the service packs

at the bottom of the page is Services and Support > Data and Downloads.
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?siteID=123112&id=2334435&linkID=9242579

hopefully that will help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report