Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SBP 2010 upgrade for 2009 users?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
sketcher-man
361 Views, 5 Replies

SBP 2010 upgrade for 2009 users?

Will you guys provide upgrades for SBP 2009 users to SBP 2010 at a reduced cost, or are we stuck with purchasing 2010 whole?
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
joeparis
in reply to: sketcher-man

Sorry sketcher-man, not an answer but a further, related, question.

I see that Sketchbook Pro 2010 is available to purchase and download, but only the full version. My trial is about to run out; will the upgrade from both Pro 2 and/or 2009 be available to download?
Message 3 of 6
sketcher-man

There is a method set up on their purchase order, they have a slot for a coupon disount. I think it would be a great idea for previous licence holders to, once their serial # and activation code are verified, be given a coupon code so that we can buy the full version at a discount, if their is no upgrade option.

I like a lot of the new features but I'm hesitant to pay out another $120.00 so soon after I bought 2009!
Message 4 of 6
XIDOR

I'm curious about this as well. I bought SBP 2009 in January this year. I've tried the trial of 2010 and I really like it and I want to buy it. But I would also like to know if Mr. Cheung can chime in about allowing upgrades to new existing users.

$100 is not too much actually for SBP 2010, but some of us have recently bought 2009. So it is a fair question.
Message 5 of 6
alpopov

Likewise here. I just bought mine SBP 2009 end of February, and I was contacting Autodesk Business Center about upgrade pricing and this was their reply:

> If an upgrade is available, you should be able to obtain it from our eStore, Digital River. You may contact them by telephone at 855-872-7703.

At the same time Wacom is now bundling SBP2010 with the new Intuos4 [here|http://www.wacom.com/intuos/bonus-software.php], so I can't see why Autodesk can't show some consideration for the owners of the SBP 2009.

In fact upgrade pricing can even generate more revenues, because it looks like there are many SBP 2009 owners who don't feel like upgrading if they need to to pay the full price. I am definitely not going to pay a full price: $120 CDN may be a reasonable price, but not giving upgrade option to at least people who bought SBP 2009 less then 3 months ago is not reasonable.

Thanks,

Alex

Message 6 of 6
alpopov

Likewise here. I just bought my SBP 2009 end of February, and I was contacting Autodesk Business Center about upgrade pricing and this was their reply:

> If an upgrade is available, you should be able to obtain it from our eStore, Digital River. You may contact them by telephone at 855-872-7703.

At the same time Wacom is now bundling SBP2010 with the new Intuos4 [here|http://www.wacom.com/intuos/bonus-software.php], so I can't see why Autodesk can't show some consideration for the owners of the SBP 2009.

In fact upgrade pricing can even generate more revenues, because it looks like there are many SBP 2009 owners who don't feel like upgrading if they need to to pay the full price. I am definitely not going to pay a full price: $120 CDN may be a reasonable price, but not giving upgrade option to at least people who bought SBP 2009 less then 3 months ago is unreasonable.

Thanks,

Alex

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report