Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reflection

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
karthick_241187
313 Views, 8 Replies

Reflection

Hi frnds,

I have been using autodesk showcase.. i have been rendering a head lamp designed in catia... now my problem is the chrome reflection surface is reflecting only the environment no other objects near to it is been reflected.. i have attached the turn signal chamber.. i want the surface to reflect the turn bulb also.. but its not reflecting.,. i even tried to keep the bulb as near as possible to the surface..( i want the result like we use ray trace in 3dsmax or maya).. plz find the attachemnt below some body help me
Thanks and Regard's
Karthick. P
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: karthick_241187

What showcase version you are using ? Contact local autodesk reseller for an updated showcase version if you are using an authorized version of showcase.
Message 3 of 9

HI..I am using showcase 2009 v.. could u say me how to solve this problem.. i ll be thankfull to u..
Thanks and Regard's
Karthick. P
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

The very latest version of Showcase available from the Subscription Center supports raytracing.
Message 5 of 9

Hi,

I have been using latest version 2009... i given raytrace but its tracing only the environment not the objects... plz help
Thanks and Regard's
Karthick. P
Message 6 of 9

wat is the very latest version plz say
Thanks and Regard's
Karthick. P
Message 7 of 9

i checked the material properties in v2009 only reflect the environment is available.. is there any new version after 2009.. if s plz say were can i download it for free.. also say me whether the raytrace option is available in 2009... looking forward for u r reply... thanku
Thanks and Regard's
Karthick. P
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

If you are using an authorized copy, get the update from autodesk web site or your local reseller.
Message 9 of 9

Thanks for u r comment...
i have only one doubt...
could we create a reflection of an object in the surface..
for u r note kindly check out the pic in my first msg...
if we can create reflection.. then where the option is located.. if u know plz tell me

Thanks in advance
Thanks and Regard's
Karthick. P

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report