Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"powertracer" on localhost has failed to render" - not able to render

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Katriendeschepper
1473 Views, 8 Replies

"powertracer" on localhost has failed to render" - not able to render

I am getting this message every time I want to render. I am not able to render, even I made already the install of the 'Hotfix'.

I have windows 7, 64-bit.

Anyone an idea of what the problem might be?

Kind regard,

Katrien

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
bvezina
in reply to: Katriendeschepper

Hi Katrien, 

First test, start with a new project( no stage) , draw a square using  Alias tools and render it using Raytracer, if it work, try the powertracer and in the user defined, type the number of processor you have , Hit go and see what happen, does it work ?

Ben

Message 3 of 9

i had the same problem lately, render crash was caused by expanded image references for one texture wich had screwed up permissions after expanding it...

Regards

Message 4 of 9
piaorou
in reply to: bvezina

Same problem. I reduced my num processors to 2 (2/4 of all my processors) and powertracer or powercaster succeded.

I don't know why I can't  fully utillize all my processors.

Message 5 of 9
piaorou
in reply to: piaorou

Actually, I found out the render failure is caused by wrong map files. It has nothing to do with num of processors.

Message 6 of 9
hamzasgayar
in reply to: piaorou

Hey, I'm having the same problem, can you please verify which maps are you referring to? Thanks. (new user) 

Message 7 of 9
piaorou
in reply to: hamzasgayar

Sorry, it's been quite a long time. I can't remember which map caused the problem.

But I think it's the map file I used caused the failure. It has nothing to do with whether the map type is a defuse map or a reflective map or something else.

What I used to think the number of processors causing the problem is actully because of my rotation of the camera.

When the bad map file get involved in the rendering process, the render will fail.

Tags (1)
Message 8 of 9

I also have some issues with the powertracer in my device and looking to take some guidance from here please tell me why me and so many other people are facing this issue.

Message 9 of 9

I had the identical trouble currently, render crash was due to elevated picture references link for one texture which had screwed up permissions after expanding it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report