Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems Sketching in Alias Design 2011 - pen acting erractically?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
dRC_UK
747 Views, 3 Replies

Problems Sketching in Alias Design 2011 - pen acting erractically?

Dear All,

I was wondering if someone might be able to help me, I'm having problems when sketching in Alias Design 2011 using my Wacom tablet.

Occassionally when sketching the strokes will seem to snap and only allow me to sketch small vertical lines, none of the snaps at the top are active and there is nothing underneath for them to snap to. When this happens I can't click on whatever windows/listers I have open and the hotkets will generally stop working also. The pen acts as if I am holding the right click and when I hover over the top menu the drop downs will active and if I hover over the tools in my palette etc. they red outline as if they have been selected.

It seems to happen more when I use the Paint window and it seems that opening the canvas layer editor occassionally sets it off. I can sometimes shake of the problem by zooming and panning around the window but not always, it can also happens when sketching in other windows as well, but mainly when using the paint window (f3).

I have ensure my copy of Alias Design 2011 is up to date, I have downgraded my wacom driver to 6.1.0-6 which is the last version approved by Autodesk, I have made sure Overlay is turned on in the Nvidea Control Panel 3D settings, I have turned off all tablet PC components in Windows to ensure there are no conflicts and I still experience the problems when sketching in Alias.

Has anyone else experienced this issue or have any other suggestions as to how to fix it?

My specs are:

Dell Precision T5500 Workstation

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

Nvidea FX1800 Quadro - Driver 259.12

10GB Ram

Alias 2011 Design 64 Bit

Wacom Intuos 3 - Driver 6.1.0-6

Any help apprieciated.

Kind Regards,

Jami.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
anand_joshi
in reply to: dRC_UK

Try installing the hotfix 1 for alias 2011

Regards

Anand
Message 3 of 4
dRC_UK

Dear Anand,

Thank you for your reply, I meant to say, I also have updated Alias 2011 with the recent updates and the problems still persist.

Has anyone also had this problem and managed to rectify it?

Kindest Regards,

Jami.

Message 4 of 4
anand_joshi

You may escalate this to your local channel partner of autodesk or support for alias at autodesk.

Regards

Anand

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report