Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems rendering some image planes

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
alupita
406 Views, 3 Replies

Problems rendering some image planes

Hi, long time without using alias, I´ve started again with the boat tutorial by Fridolin Beisert, when I load the image of the city next to the river -the attached one- (I´ve saved it with right button mousse over the pict and "save image as" from the web) I can see it ok, but when I run a direct render with ratytrace, I can´t see the image, instead I only see a red question mark. I was trying with lots of different images, and I can´t find a rule: why some of them are ok, and some of them are not supported? All of them are tiffs. Should I save the tiff with some special care, something to take care of?

Thank you.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
manish09
in reply to: alupita

Hi,

From what I have experienced in the past, try using JPEG format. If you are saving out from Illustrator or Photoshop, just make sure the document properties is set to RGB and not CMYK.
Also if question marks are showing, this generally means that Alias cannot find the link to it. Make sure you put it into the Pix folder of the project folder and always 'set current'. This will ensure everything is being saved and read from that folder.

Hope this helps...

- Manish
Message 3 of 4
worfsonofmogh

Sometimes this could be an issue of virtual memory being used up. Save your file shut down and restart alias. Try to render again
Message 4 of 4
alupita

Thank you Manish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The problem was where I was saving the images. Now that I have saved everything in the pix folder of the current project it worked perfectly!!!! Thank you again... Edited by: alupita on Feb 14, 2010 10:48 PM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report