Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

print setup

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
estevemartin
487 Views, 3 Replies

print setup

Just went to plot a table I am working on for the model shop and I noticed that the tool has been totally revamped. I agree that needed to happen. I just hope Autodesk isn't done with it. In the meantime is there any chance to have the old way brought back? Maybe having a Print 2013 box also. I really liked handing off plots to model shops with colored lines of different thicknesses and doing three views at once without having to go through an engineer to get it done. As it is now I have to plot each view separately as a pdf, bring them into photoshop and line them up.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hello Steven-

You can activate the old print window by creating a system environment variable as follows:  ALIAS_NO_NEW_PRINTING and the value of 1.  Please note we do not support the old print window any more.  

We would like to know in a list format (1, 2, etc.) what features you believe we still need in the new print window.  Thank you for your time and patience.

Have a great day.

Best Regards, 

Jonathan Matthews

Autodesk Frontline Technical Support.

p.s.

The case that was opened with tech support regarding this forum posting will now be closed and I will continue to follow up with you via this forum posting.  Thank you.

Message 3 of 4

Hello and Thank you for the reply. Yes, this worked great.

I personally like the previous version much better. Not sure why such a
revamp. The things I would miss using the new version are as follows:

1. Moving the model around dynamically in the preview windows.

2. Plotting all three views in one print job.

3. The ability to change line weights of each layer as well as the grid.

4. Hidden line plots.

5. Info window

Thanks,

Steve Martin
517-647-0690
SteveMartin@BinaryStudio.net
www.BinaryStudio.net

ALIAS_NO_NEW_PRINTING
Message 4 of 4

Thank you for letting me know your status and the Kudos.  I will report your comments directly to our development team.  Please have a great weekend.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report