Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need information regarding Design schools

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
300 Views, 1 Reply

Need information regarding Design schools

Hi all you pros out there!

I really very urgently need information on which schools I can consider as options to pursue transportation design. Thing is, I am from a background which is totally unconnected to this field but a creative one nonetheless. SO, I need to know which colleges encourage people with non-transportation design background for Masters course. Kindly provide me with information regarding colleges which have courses in this field lasting for a decent period of 1 to 2yrs max. Like in the case of IED, though curriculum-wise they say its 2 yrs, practically we are there for one calendar year to acquire a MA in Transportation design. Kindly throw more light on IED as well because a place like this offering a course for this span of time and that too a masters, seems very conducive for me. How is IED as a school to learn this art? How are the returns (placements) after one is done with the course? Anybody who has been a student of IED, kindly provide me with as much info as possible. It won't come amiss.
Thanks in advance,

Regards
Rajneesh
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Rajneesh - 

Most good trans programs are very competitive.  Art Center and College for Creative Studies are at the top of the list here in the states.  At both schools you pretty much need a 4 year degree in trans to pursue a masters.  I have friends who are in the bachelors auto program at CCS.  They came in with a 4 year ID degree from Korea and had to start out as undergrad freshmen.  I would be worried about the quality of work a student would do if they only put in 2 years in trans without a 4 year degree in trans or ID to begin with. 

Best of luck, 

m. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report